A Polished Daytime Makeup Look With Gunmetal Gray Liner, Lightly Defined Taupe-Brown Lids and a Whole Lotta Laura Mercier ❤️
Fun fact: makeup artist Laura Mercier spent her formative years in France. (Maybe that’s why it’s so easy to picture myself wearing her makeup while getting coffee and croissants?!)
If we were going to meet at a cafe today for a socially distanced lady date (I WANT!), I’d wear this Laura Mercier makeup look, and I’d get an iced latte and a plain croissant. What would you order?
Laura Mercier is one those lines I keep coming back to, over and over and over again. My love affair with all things LM began before I started MBB (so, we’re talking prehistoric time).
In teen romance terms, we’ve been going steady…for a good 14 years now (here’s Baby Karen mixing and wearing Laura Mercier foundation). I know I can count on the makeup, and whenever I wear it, I truly feel like myself.
I recently restocked on a few oldies but goodies (and a few new-to-me things as well)…
- Caviar Volume Mascara: Epic curl, lift and volume. SO GOOD for wimpy lashes that need lots of help.
- Eye Basics in Wheat: A beautiful satiny matte cream shadow that you can wear alone as a lid base or as a primer. Fun fact — this used to be called “Basic Color.”
- Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Cobblestone and Moonlight: Cocoa is my favorite in this line of cream shadows, and these two are new to me. Cobblestone, I LOVE. It’s a mid-toned matte brown and adds just the right touch of light definition to lids. And Moonlight is a shimmery taupe… I like it, but don’t love it because it’s a little too frosty for my taste.
- Inner Eye Definer in Stormy Grey: I hope LM never discontinues this gunmetal gray liner, which I’ve been wearing and loving for 10 years, at least.
- Cheek Color in Ginger: The shade Rose is my jam, but I like this sheer matte peachy nude too.
- Tinted Moisturizer: OLD SCHOOL, BABY! Lightweight feel with just a hint of tint to even everything out. I mixed Wheat with Tan and set it with Laura’s iconic loose setting powder in this look.
- Vanille Gourmande Eau Gourmande: Did you know Laura Mercier makes some beautifully wearable scents too? This one has notes of vanilla, vanilla orchid, vanilla liqueur, bourbon vanilla and vanilla musk, mixed with heliotrope, lily, sandalwood and amber.
Do you have any Laura Mercier loves? I wish we could chat about them over croissants in real life!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
There are 3 comments on this post. Leave yours.
The products in this entry were provided by the manufacturer for consideration. For information about my posting policy, please see my Disclaimer.
Previous Post: Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 674Next Post: This or That: The Face Powder Edition
Oh how I would love to chat LM over a croissant. I am a huge fan of her Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer and the corrector.
Hi Karen! I have several LM favorites, including Tinted Moisturizer, powder eye shadow in Cafe au Lait and Bamboo, and Rose blush. And that Caviar mascara is on my list for the next Nordstrom sale!
I picked up my first Caviar Stick in Nude not long ago and it is so good! Can’t wait to buy more colors. Powders tend to irritate my eyes and eyelid eczema more than creams, so it was nice to play around with!
Their tinted moisturizers, including the oil free one, break me out, which is so sad because they’re so lovely! They didn’t used to but my skin has gotten more sensitive in the past decade.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *