A Daytime Look With Shimmering Taupe-Gold Lids, Bronze Liner, Peachy Cheeks and a Pink Stained Lips
One of the things I love most about Jane Iredale makeup is how I still feel like “me” when I don it, but just a little more put together version of myself. I had a bunch of meetings yesterday (three hours in front of that tiny camera), and I wore this look with shimmering taupe-gold lids, bronze liner, peach cheeks and a lovely pink lip stain.
A few quick thoughts on the Jane Iredale items…
- Eye Shadow Kit in Solar Flare: Blends flawlessly! I like how my eyes look defined but not overly done. The shimmer on these powders is more intense than I expected (could be a good, or a not-so-good, thing, depending on how your lids do with frosty finishes).
- GreatShape Contour Kit in Warm: I’m wearing the peach and tan shades on my cheeks, and the beige shade as a highlight on my upper cheekbones and underneath the arch of my brows. Like the eye kit, the powders blend seamlessly. I bet this kit could also double as an eyeshadow palette in a pinch. Lovely!
- Lip Stain in Forever Pink: OH! SO! GOOD! It’s a lovely, lightweight and long-wearing stain that feels oh-so-moisturizing on my dry lips. Apparently, you can also wear it as a blush?! I can’t wait to try that ASAP.
- PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner: A lash primer you layer under mascara. I didn’t really see a big difference from it…but I’m going to try it with a few other mascaras, just in case.
- Longest Lash Mascara in Black Ice: I did a couple coats on top of the primer, and my lashes didn’t look as big and curly as I usually like… I ended up layering Laura Mercier Caviar Mascara on top to bump up the volume.
How do you usually feel after long meetings? I get really antsy… My body REALLY wants to move after sitting for a while. In fact, after my video calls were done, this is how I felt! 😁
View this post on Instagram
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Happy Thursday! 🤗
There are 5 comments on this post. Leave yours.
Previous Post: Take Your Pick: Eyeshadow Palettes or Eyeshadow Singles?Next Post: Ilia Lipstick in Rococco and Lip Oil in Tahiti
What a pretty look. I had to return my Lisa Eldridge lipstick and liner because they were do drying on my lips. I ordered a mini eyeshadow palette and lipstick from Natasha Denona in nudes and I am curious to see how they work for me. There is lots of interesting brands, but I’m not sure they are going to work for someone my age.
We shall see.
Two more days and my “baby” will be home!
Karen! You’re a fantastic dancer!:-D
This looks so chic and good. I might have to try that lip stain again.
Really long meetings make me sleepy if I don’t really have to talk, and I get so excited to get out of them.
You really look very professional, yet still natural. I love that look on you and would totally wear it.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *